Hill to make regular-season debut for Clippers
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Grant Hill is set to make his regular-season debut for the Los Angeles Clippers.
The seven-time All-Star is expected to play limited minutes on Saturday against the Orlando Magic, his former team. Hill has missed 36 games with a bone bruise in his right knee. He hasn't played since Oct. 13 when he had eight points and three rebounds in an exhibition game against Miami in Shanghai.
He's been practicing for a week and coach Vinny Del Negro said Hill hasn't had any setbacks.
Hill, an 18-year veteran, will be appearing in his 998th career NBA game.
The Clippers are still waiting to get Chauncey Billups back. He's missed the last 19 games with tendinitis in his left foot.
Even without their two veterans, the Clippers are tied with Oklahoma City for the league's best record at 28-8.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort