Philip Klein: Platinum coin, RIP
It was fun while it lasted, but you can put the speculation about the Treasury Department minting a $1 trillion platinum coin as a solution to the debt ceiling impasse to rest.
”Neither the Treasury Department nor the Federal Reserve believes that the law can or should be used to facilitate the production of platinum coins for the purpose of avoiding an increase in the debt limit,” Anthony Coley, a spokesman for the Treasury Department, told the Washington Post’s Ezra Klein.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit