Obama: Election proves 'the American people agreed with me'
President Obama explained during his press conference this afternoon that the American people supported his plan for deficit reduction in the fight with Congressional Republicans over the national debt limit.
If we want to have a conversation about lowering the deficit, lets have that,” Obama said adding that he has been talking about it for two years.
“We just had an entire campaign about it, and by the way, the American people agreed with me,” Obama added.
Obama reminded the press that he believed deficits should be reduced in a balanced way, but that it was important to “grow the economy” through more government spending.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims