Blues invite veteran D Colin White for tryout
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The St. Louis Blues addressed depth on defense, signing veteran defenseman Colin White to a tryout contract for training camp.
The 35-year-old White is a 12-year veteran and played in 54 games for the San Jose Sharks last season. He had one goal and three assists.
White was on the ice for a scrimmage Tuesday night after signing earlier in the day and coach Ken Hitchcock said White did not hurt his chances of making the team.
White has played in 797 career games and 114 playoff games. He was a second-round draft pick of the Devils in 1996.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M