Nine Pieces of Furniture Made from Shipping Pallets
Shipping pallets are a plentiful source of wood to reclaim and build with. Since pallets are rough hewn, they lend themselves to rustic pieces of furniture, which happen to be in style right now. With imagination and some basic carpentry skills, you can turn shipping pallets into all kinds of practical and whimsical furniture. Have a look at nine ideas, all shared by DIY bloggers. A special thanks goes out to Donna of Funky Junk Interiors, a skilled DIY carpenter who built and posted photos of many of these projects.
Garden lounge chairs: These garden lounge chairs look like a combination of extra wide loungers and Adirondack chairs.
Pallet sofa: Most sofas have wood frames underneath the upholstery. With this sofa, the frame is on the outside, and it is built from shipping pallets. It's just about the least expensive outdoor sofa that you could "buy".
TV stand: Want to soften up the look of your TV's cold, hard plastic? Build a rustic TV stand out of pallets. It balances the TV with the natural look of wood.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater