News Summary: Netflix's 4Q report wows investors
STELLAR PERFORMANCE: Netflix gained 2 million U.S. subscribers to its Internet video service during the final three months of last year, propelling the company to a surprising fourth-quarter profit of $8 million. Analysts had projected Netflix would sustain a loss as it grappled with rising expenses and stiffer competition.
INVESTOR EXUBERANCE: After the numbers came out late Wednesday, Netflix's volatile stock soared more than 35 percent in extended trading. The stock appears bound for a new 52-week high in Thursday's regular trading session.
COMING ATTRACTIONS: Netflix believes its video-streaming service can add as many as 2.1 million customers in the current quarter ending in March.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins