Wizards guard John Wall makes 1st start of season
WASHINGTON (AP) — John Wall is back in the starting lineup for the Washington Wizards.
Coach Randy Wittman said Wall would start for the first time this season Friday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Wall had been coming off the bench since making his season debut Jan. 12. He missed the first 33 games while recovering from a stress injury to his left knee cap.
Wittman said Wall will continue to play limited minutes. Wall had been averaging 24 minutes, topping out at 31 against the Los Angeles Clippers on Jan. 19.
The Wizards won four of their first seven after Wall's return, with the former No. 1 overall draft pick averaging 14 points and 6.9 assists. They were 5-28 without him.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort