Ex-NYC Mayor Koch feeling better at hospital
NEW YORK (AP) — The spokesman for Ed Koch (KAHCH') says the former New York City mayor is still short of breath but feeling better since re-entering the hospital.
The 88-year-old Koch went back to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital on Monday, two days after he was released.
Spokesman George Arzt says doctors on Tuesday were trying to reduce the water around Koch's lungs.
He says Koch thinks he'll be in the hospital at least a week but his spirits are good.
Koch didn't go to work on Monday because he had shortness of breath. That was what initially sent him to the hospital on Jan. 19.
Koch also was hospitalized in December with a respiratory infection and in September with anemia.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims