Mavericks C Kaman has a concussion
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Dallas Mavericks center Chris Kaman did not play against the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night because of a concussion.
Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle says Kaman sustained the concussion in a collision during practice on Monday. There is no timetable for his return.
Kaman is averaging 12.4 points and 6.2 rebounds this season.
The injury comes as the Mavericks have juggled their centers, starting a different one in each of their previous three games. Kaman, Elton Brand and rookie Bernard James have each taken turns. Brandan Wright also plays at center for the Mavs.
James made his second straight start on Tuesday against the Blazers.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena