Defense offers kinky photos in NY cannibal case
NEW YORK (AP) — Lawyers for a New York City police officer charged with seeking to kill and eat women want potential jurors to see kinky photos they say were part of their client's fantasy world.
One staged Internet photo shows a nude woman hog-tied and served up on a roasting tray. Another portrays a woman tied to a spit over an open fire.
The proposed questionnaire would ask potential jurors if they have a bias against people who frequent Internet sites depicting sadomasochistic behavior.
A federal judge will rule on the request before trial starts next month for Gilberto Valle (VAL'-ee).
The 28-year-old was charged last fall with using a law enforcement database to make plans to kidnap, rape, kill and eat women. Lawyers have said he was merely fantasizing and intended no violence.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law