News Summary: Adding a cat to the Monopoly board
MEOW, PURR, HISS: Cat, meet dog — as well as racecar, shoe, thimble, top hat, wheelbarrow and battleship. Monopoly fans booted the iron token, replacing it with a sleek, feline game piece.
SOCIAL MEDIA: The Facebook token vote sparked passionate efforts by fans to save their favorite tokens, and by businesses eager to pump up publicity by promoting tokens that represent their products.
THE GAME OF REAL ESTATE: Monopoly, owned by toy maker Hasbro, was first sold by Parker Brothers in 1935 and is based on the streets of Atlantic City, N.J. It has sold more than 275 million units worldwide.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort