Wolves waive Amundson, sign Gelabale and Johnson
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Timberwolves have waived forward Lou Amundson to make room for forwards Mickael Gelabale and Chris Johnson for the rest of the season.
Gelabale and Johnson joined the injury-plagued Wolves in January on 10-day contracts. Their second 10-day contracts expired Friday, meaning the Wolves had to let them go or sign them for the rest of the season. Both players made strong enough impressions to stick around.
Gelabale, a swingman from France, averaged 6.5 points and 2.2 rebounds and is giving the Wolves some size on the perimeter.
Johnson is energizing the team at both ends of the floor when he's in the game. He is averaging 8.6 points and 3.6 rebounds as a post player.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss