Snowstorm forces rescheduling of Bruins-TB game
BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Bruins have postponed Saturday night's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning because of the blizzard that dumped more than 2 feet of snow on the area.
No makeup date had been scheduled yet, according to a Bruins spokesman.
Originally scheduled for 1 p.m., the game was pushed back until 7 p.m. to allow the storm to pass. But public transportation was not expected to resume on Saturday, and roads were still being cleared. A travel ban was in effect until 4 p.m.
The Bruins already are playing an abbreviated schedule because of the lockout that wiped out the first 3½ months of the season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 96630Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13870Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9391Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8546Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8291OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7627How to help tornado victims
- 7193Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges