Belk giving UNC Charlotte $5 million
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Charlotte department store owner Belk Inc. is giving the University of North Carolina Charlotte $5 million over the next five years to boost the school's business program.
The money announced Tuesday will be used to boost the Belk College of Business programs teaching marketing analysis and business innovation.
The money will be used for an endowed professorship in business innovation and an endowed chair in marketing analytics.
Some of the money will be used to prepare business students for careers market analysis and innovation.
Chancellor Philip Dubois says it's the biggest single gift the business school has received.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates