News Summary: Lexus, Porsche tops in dependability
COUNT ON CARS: A new study by J.D. Power and Associates says vehicles are more dependable than ever. The study questioned 37,000 owners of 2010 model year vehicles and measured the problems they had in the last year, from engine failure to electronic glitches.
MOST/LEAST DEPENDABLE: Lexus, Porsche, Lincoln, Toyota and Mercedes-Benz were the top performers. Volkswagen, Jeep, Mitsubishi, Dodge and Land Rover got the lowest rankings.
WHY IT MATTERS: People should feel more comfortable holding on to older cars or shopping for used cars. And J.D. Power says dependability is only expected to get better.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort