Lakers owner Jerry Buss buried
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss was buried in a private ceremony on Friday.
The team says Buss was buried in front of family and close friends at Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Hollywood Hills.
He died Monday at 80 after an 18-month struggle with cancer. An invitation-only memorial service was held Thursday, with basketball greats like Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Shaquille O'Neal and Phil Jackson paying tribute to Buss.
Through the Lakers, the Buss family thanked the public for their "tremendous outpouring of love and support over the past several days."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 43037Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15155Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9718Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8776Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8708Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7875Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7675Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena