Police: Vt. teen's death believed to be accidental

Published on NewsOK Modified: February 26, 2013 at 4:13 pm •  Published: February 26, 2013
Advertisement
;

ST. ALBANS, Vt. (AP) — A candlelight vigil is being held in memory of the Georgia teenager who died Sunday afternoon, apparently of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Organizers tell the Burlington Free Press that a vigil for 17-year-old Logan Newell will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Taylor Park in St. Albans.

Police they believe accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of the teen, who was found slumped over the steering wheel in a car.

Police said the investigation into Newell's death remains open until toxicology reports have been completed.

However, they said evidence gathered and an emissions test conducted on the car late Monday suggest the cause was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Newell, of Georgia, Vt., was found in the car at a park-and-ride area on Sunday.



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Oklahoma City Thunder: Kevin Durant reportedly trying to get Caron Butler to return
  2. 2
    Isolated Amazon Tribe Makes First Contact
  3. 3
    911 Dispatcher Handles Call About Her Choking Son
  4. 4
    Cops: Woman Faked Drowning to Avoid Court
  5. 5
    Brazilians Listened to the Song ‘Happy’ a Lot More After Their World Cup Disaster Against...
+ show more