Vintage Day celebrated at Everglades National Park
HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP) — Visitors to Everglades National Park can explore the early history of Florida's swamps through a series of events planned at the Homestead park.
The national park is hosting its third annual Vintage Day celebration on Saturday and entry fees will be waived at the Homestead entrance.
The theme this year is: "The Battle to Preserve Paradise." History professors and other experts will be on hand to give tours on "The Early Evergaldes" and "African Ancestors in Everglades National Park." The day will include historical re-enactors as well as special presentations and others tours at one of the most biologically and culturally diverse parks in the world.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss