Universal Aryan Brotherhood member arrested in Oklahoma
Ace Hailey, 46, was arrested Feb. 11 on multiple complaints in Cleveland County. Hailey is a member of the Universal Aryan Brotherhood, authorities say.
NORMAN — A member of the Universal Aryan Brotherhood was arrested last week after a 30-minute standoff at a compound in southern Cleveland County, authorities said Wednesday.
Ace Hailey, 46, was arrested Feb. 11 by Cleveland County sheriff's deputies who were told he might be staying in the area of 140 Street and Maguire Road.
Hailey was wanted on warrants for aggravated assault and battery, robbery and kidnapping.
Oklahoma City Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said Hailey was wanted in a Feb. 7 armed robbery in the area of 800 N Meridian Ave.
Nelson said the location where Hailey was arrested is a known compound of the Aryan Brotherhood.
Initially, Hailey refused to be taken into custody but, after a 30-minute standoff, he surrendered to deputies, according to a news release from Cleveland County.
Hailey was taken to the Cleveland County jail and later released to Oklahoma County sheriff's deputies. He's being held on $150,000 bail at the Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims