Roma fires coach after latest lost in Serie A
ROME (AP) — Roma coach Zdenek Zeman was fired on Saturday, a day after another loss in the Serie A kept the team winless this year.
Aurelio Andreazzoli will take over the job in the interim.
Roma lost 4-2 at home to Cagliari on Friday, its third loss this year along with two draws in the league.
Zeman, 65, was a sentimental favorite when he was hired by Roma after last season, having already coached the club in the late 1990s. But players had trouble grasping his all-out attacking style and Roma's defense has been notably absent.
This was seen as Zeman's last chance at coaching a big club. His departure marks the second coaching failure for Roma since a group of Boston executives purchased the club. An ambitious youth effort led by Luis Enrique ended with problems last season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction