Ashley Cole out of England's World Cup qualifier
LONDON (AP) — The English Football Association says defender Ashley Cole will miss the World Cup qualifier away to Moldova on Friday due to an ankle injury.
The Chelsea left back was sent back to his club on Monday for treatment after reporting to the England team hotel.
Describing the ankle problem as "minor," the FA says Cole will be assessed again by England medics on Sunday to see if he can feature in the qualifier against Ukraine next Tuesday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated