Assorted themes offered for vacation Bible school in Oklahoma
The vacation Bible school season begins June 4 with a variety of themes on tap for Oklahoma City metro-area youths.
Come June, a familiar scene will take place at many churches throughout Oklahoma.
Youths, ranging in age from preschoolers to teens, will flock to churches for vacation Bible school
NewsOK Related Articles
Themes for the summer season programs vary.
At Surrey Hills Baptist Church in Yukon, the creation story will take center stage through the church's “IncrediWorld Amazement Park” theme.
Britton Road Church of Christ also will focus on the creation with the theme “God's Creation: Digging for Answers.” A spokeswoman at the church said the context of the Bible classes will be related to archaeology.
Meanwhile, other themes have a water focus. These include “Operation Overboard: Dare to Go Deep With God,” being offered at Edmond Seventh-day Adventist Church and Village United Methodist Church.
Youths also will explore the lives of biblical characters.
Such is the case at First Christian Church of Edmond, where the vacation Bible school theme is “Babylon: Daniel's Courage in Captivity.”
Regardless of the themes, the Bible school programs have one thing in common: the Gospel message.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims