At a glance
The USS Oklahoma City is a nuclear-powered, fast-attack submarine armed with torpedoes and Tomahawk cruise missiles.
• Commissioned: July 9, 1988.
• Based: Naval Base Guam, where the boat was “forward deployed” to the Pacific submarine fleet in March 2011 after an overhaul at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Maine.
• Crew: 162; no Oklahomans are on the crew at present.
• Commander: Cmdr. Andrew Peterson III, assumed command in March 2011.
• Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/groups/48373758331.
William Crum, staff writer