At a glance
Other priorities supported by the Chamber
In addition to overhauling the workers' compensation system, the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce supports:
• Lowering the personal income tax rate.
• Keeping business incentives, such as tax credits, that outweigh the state's cost to provide them.
• Additional civil justice changes that would absolve businesses from liability when providing products or services in emergencies.
• Issuing of a state bond issue or providing state funds to match privately raised money to complete the American Indian Cultural Center and Museum in Oklahoma City, if the center develops a viable plan to funds its ongoing operations.
• Issuing a state bond issue to repair the state Capitol and other buildings in the Capitol complex.
• Consider accepting federal funds to expand the Medicaid program in the state that would extend health insurance coverage to about 180,000 Oklahomans.
• Creating an Oklahoma-led and private sector-based health insurance network, or exchange, instead of being placed under a federal network.
• Full funding of the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics.