At a glance: Karl Springer's career
At a glance
Karl Springer's career
Karl Springer, 64, was born in Hollywood, Calif. He graduated from Del Mar High School in San Jose, Calif., then went on to earn his bachelor's degree from California State University in 1970. He earned his master's degree in education from Northeastern State University in Tahlequah in 1980. He and his wife, Catherine, were married in 1972, and they have two adult children, Andrea and Nathan.
NewsOK Related Articles
• 2008 to present: superintendent of Oklahoma City Public Schools.
• 2000-2008: superintendent of Mustang Public Schools.
• 1995-2000: assistant superintendent for Chickasha Public Schools.
• 1989-1995: assistant director of special services for Norman Public Schools.
• 1984-1989: special-education teacher for Norman Public Schools.
• 1977-1984: teacher for Muskogee Public Schools.
• 1974-1977: worked for Container Corp of America in Santa Clara, Calif.
• 1970-1971: track and cross country coach at Butte College in Oroville, Calif.
• 1971-1974: Lieutenant in the U.S. Marine Corps.
• 1974-1977: Captain in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve.
• 1977-2002: Colonel in the United States Army Reserve.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say