At a glance: Oklahoma school closings related to flu
So far this year, a number of Oklahoma public school districts have reported closures due to flu, according to the state Education Department and media reports.
At a glance
School closings related to flu
NewsOK Related Articles
The flu continues to cause Oklahoma school administrators to call off classes.
The Jay Public School District in Delaware County will be closed Friday because of the number of staff and students who have influenza. Almost 20 percent of the students were absent, said James Bryant, high school principal.
Other districts that are closed include:
• Cherokee Public Schools, Alfalfa County.
• Chouteau-Mazie Public Schools, Mayes County.
• Kiefer Public Schools, Creek County.
• Konawa Public Schools, Seminole County.
• Porum Public Schools, Muskogee County.
• Westville Public Schools, Adair County.
• Wyandotte Public Schools, Ottawa County.
From staff reports
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in