At a glance: Proposed firearm legislation
At a glance: Proposed firearm legislation in the Oklahoma Legislature.
Proposed firearm legislation
Of the legislative bills that mention firearms:
• Two eliminate fees for a firearms application.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• Five allow for the carry of firearms into government meetings or by government officials.
• Seven allow guns in schools or on school property, including colleges and universities.
• Two direct county clerks to file court-adjudicated mental health cases with the federal database used for background checks.
• Three remove current exemptions for felons and the mentally unsound.
• Two would exempt local firearms or munitions manufacturers from federal regulation.
• One would make it illegal for anyone, including state officials, to confiscate guns.
• Six are generic “shell bills” that would call for a new state firearms act altogether.
• Three would further restrict the current firearms laws.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say