At a glance: Proposed firearm legislation
At a glance: Proposed firearm legislation in the Oklahoma Legislature.
Proposed firearm legislation
Of the legislative bills that mention firearms:
• Two eliminate fees for a firearms application.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• Five allow for the carry of firearms into government meetings or by government officials.
• Seven allow guns in schools or on school property, including colleges and universities.
• Two direct county clerks to file court-adjudicated mental health cases with the federal database used for background checks.
• Three remove current exemptions for felons and the mentally unsound.
• Two would exempt local firearms or munitions manufacturers from federal regulation.
• One would make it illegal for anyone, including state officials, to confiscate guns.
• Six are generic “shell bills” that would call for a new state firearms act altogether.
• Three would further restrict the current firearms laws.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion