These questions were sent to mayoral candidate Ed Shadid and his attorney. The attorney did not answer any of the questions, saying in an email he would only speak with The Oklahoman's attorney.
1. Why did you assert your Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination?
2. Are you continuing to maintain your Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination?
3. Are you willing to unseal that portion of the sealed divorce records that relate only to the facts underlying your exercise of the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination?
4. You have publicly admitted to being in recovery from marijuana addiction so there would be no personal or legal reason to continue exercising your Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination over that and continuing to fight to keep the records related to it secret. So, is it fair for the public to surmise that the reason you will not now open records that are normally public is because they involve potential criminal conduct beyond the use of marijuana?
5. What other illegal drugs have you used?
6. When was the last time you used marijuana?
7. How regularly did you use marijuana and how much money did you spend on it?