Athletes, coaches, opponents express grief over death of OSU coaches on Twitter
OSU PLANE CRASH — Oklahoma State athletes and coaches as well as opponents and fans took to Twitter on Friday to express their grief over the loss of OSU women's basketball coach Kurt Budke and assistant coach Miranda Serna.
Videoview all videos
Nov 18OSU president Burns Hargis and associate coach Jim...
Nov 18Oklahoma State University women's basketball coach Kurt...
Photoview all 68 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Former OU men's basketball coach Jeff Capel: “Thoughts and prayers go out to the Ok.St family. At a loss for words. Was with Kurt a month ago.”
Former OSU softball player Mariah Gearhart: “Some of the worst news to wake up to, even more when my coach and my boyfriend are both on a plane right now too. #prayers to my okstate fam.”
Former OSU forward Marshall Moses: “Coach Budke was an EXCELLENT EXCELLENT coach, and Coach Serna believed in me when no one else did. she always encouraged me…”
Former OSU guard/forward Marcus Dove: “Coach Budke and Serna we be missed they were good coaches but even BETTER PEOPLE! We will make it thru this
Former OSU linebacker Orie Lemon: “I just ask that everyone prayers go up for the familes of the women's basketball coaches at Oklahoma State that passed the fatal accident.”
Rutgers associate head coach Carlene Mitchell: “Devastated! Lost a great friend, mentor and coach! Kurt Budke gave me a chance as a player and helped Groom me as a coach.”
Texas A&M post Kelsey Bone: “Our team just gathered in the airport to pray for the entire OSU family… Words can't even describe the shock.”
OU softball player Katie Norris: “My heart goes out to the Budke and Serna families. God couldn't have asked for a better man to join him than Coach Budke.”
OU basketball player Lyndsey Cloman: “Prayers and thoughts go out to the OSU family and the Women's basketball team. Just heart breaking news.”
Former OSU wrestler/MMA fighter Jake Rosholt: “My prayers go out to OSU women's basketball & the families of head coach Kurt Budke & Miranda Serna. Another terrible tragedy for O-State.”
Iowa State coach Bill Fennelly: “When I heard the news of another OSU tragedy I had to stop the car as I honestly felt like I was going to be sick—HUGE LOSS-TOO SOON!!”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena