Auburn dismisses defensive lineman Sigler
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Auburn has dismissed defensive tackle Devaunte Sigler for violating undisclosed team rules.
Tigers coach Gus Malzahn announced the decision in a statement Friday. He says "we have high standards for our players" and that "they will represent the team and Auburn the right way."
Sigler was a junior who played in 18 games in his career with 12 tackles. He played in five games last season and had two stops.
Sigler played a bigger role in 2011 when he appeared in all 13 games and had 10 tackles and a sack.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater