Austin Peay suspends FB Cody Tucker indefinitely
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Austin Peay has suspended senior fullback Cody Tucker has been suspended indefinitely for violating team policy.
Coach Rick Christophel said in a release Wednesday the Governors (0-3) have standards to uphold and consequences when they don't abide by them.
Tucker is a two-year starter at fullback who played in all three games this season.
Christophel also announced senior safety Antwaun Majors tore his right anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus in last week's 34-14 loss to Tennessee State. Majors was the Governors' leading tackler the past two seasons. Majors graduated in May and returned this fall for his final year of eligibility.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena