Authorities arrest one after standoff in McClain County home, stolen car found
Sheriff's deputies and an Oklahoma Highway Patrol tactical team were at a home Thursday near Blanchard, where one man barricaded himself after a deputy found a stolen car on the property. The standoff ended around 4 p.m.
BLANCHARD — Authorities arrested a man after he barricaded himself in a McClain County home after a deputy located a stolen 2013 Chevrolet Camaro.
Derick Tallent was taken to McClain County jail.
The standoff ended about 4 p.m. Thursday and police found one man inside the home, McClain County Undersheriff Bill Shobe said.
“We really appreciate all the authorities who assisted us in this arrest,” Shobe said.
Tactical teams from the McClain County Sheriff's Department and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol responded to a home near Blanchard, where one man barricaded himself after deputies found a stolen car.
Sheriff Don Hewett said a deputy went to the home near 353rd and County Line Road after OnStar located a car that had been reported stolen from a local business.
When the deputy arrived, he spotted the car and the suspect barricaded himself in the home.
Hewett said neighbors had told deputies there were two or three people in the home, one of whom was released from prison recently.
Shobe said deputies also found other stolen cars.
Contributing: LeighAnne Manwarren, Staff Writer
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims