Authorities investigating body found on Arkansas River sandbar
The body of an unidentified man thought to be in his 30s was discovered on an Arkansas River sandbar in Tulsa on Monday afternoon.
Emergency responders were called to the north side of the 71st Street Bridge about 4:15 p.m. after three pedestrians spotted the body, police said.
Firefighters removed the body about two hours later, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort