Authorities recover body in Fort Cobb Lake
ALBERT— Authorities have recovered a body from Fort Cobb Lake after a Chickasha man went missing.
ALBERT — Authorities have recovered a body from Fort Cobb Lake after a Chickasha man went missing.
A local television says authorities found 19-year-old Jimmy Barron's body shortly after 11 p.m. Monday. Authorities used sonar and a dragging tool to find the body in about 16 feet of water.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says Barron was wading north of Goose Island when he slipped off a rock shelf and never resurfaced.
Authorities say it was windy and the lake was choppy when Barron went under, but investigators don't know if that played a role in his death.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims