Authorities say Oklahoma homeowner killed intruder
VINSON (AP) — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation says a Harmon County man shot and killed a woman who had broken into his home.
The agency says the man was awakened from sleep Thursday afternoon when three women broke into his home in Vinson in an apparent burglary attempt.
The OSBI says the man shot and killed 50-year-old Mary Kathleen Sanders of Elk City while the other two women fled. Investigators say the two women were later arrested in Beckham County.
The agency says the dead woman had once worked for the homeowner.
The homeowner's name was not released.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims