Badgers stumble into season finale vs Penn St
"We practice very, very hard and very, very physical and maximize the amount of time," Bielema said. "We definitely work while we're out there, but this week we have to be smart about lessening the amount of contact we have, and the amount of time we're on the field. We've just got to get ready to play Penn State and get ourselves in a position on Saturday to be at full strength."
If Nebraska wins at Iowa Friday, the Badgers would play the Cornhuskers for the league title in a rematch of their Sept. 29 game in Lincoln. Nebraska won that game, 30-27, despite trailing by 17 points in the third quarter. If Nebraska loses and Michigan wins at Ohio State this Saturday, the Wolverines would represent the Legends Division.
"I'm sure winning in Indy and going to the Rose Bowl and winning there would erase all the losses we've had," senior tailback Montee Ball said. "Because that's our goal."
Ball rushed for 191 yards and a touchdown, the most rushing yards an Ohio State defense has given up since at least 2002. The Badgers' defense - anchored by three senior defensive backs - held Ohio State to a season-low passing, rushing and offensive points, all of which Wisconsin hopes to build on before it enters the postseason.
"There were a lot of guys that might have played, couple seniors that might have played their best games of their careers," said Bielema. "Really felt that our guys for the entire game, four quarters and beyond, strained, fought, tried as much as they could do, obviously came up short."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash