Bahrain opens probe into deadly labor camp fire
MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) — Officials in Bahrain have opened an investigation into the cause of fire that killed 13 people in a labor camp.
The official Bahrain News Agency says the public prosecutor's office is leading the probe into Friday's blaze in the capital Manama.
The report Saturday said fire collapsed the roof of the three-story building used to house workers.
Special compounds for migrant laborers are common across the Gulf. For years, rights groups have pressed for better living conditions for the mostly South Asian workers.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 99664Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16608OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13275Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8705Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8419Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8235How to help tornado victims
- 7896Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort