Here are my picks for the Best Bets in entertainment in Oklahoma this weekend, as listed in Friday’s Weekend Life section of The Oklahoman. For more events, go to newsok.com/events.
1. Celebrate the release of Honeylark’s debut album “Heavy” at 9 p.m. Saturday at Will Rogers Theatre, 4322 N Western Ave. The show also will feature Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Wanda Jackson and The Wurly Birds. Doors open at 8 p.m. Information: 604-3015 or www.ticketstorm.com.
2. SHAWNEE – Laugh with Tulsa comedian Rodney Carrington at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the new Grand Event Center at the Grand Casino Hotel and Resort, 777 Grand Casino Blvd. Information: 964-7263 or www.grandboxoffice.com.
3. TULSA – Hear Grammy winners the Zac Brown Band at 7 p.m. Saturday the BOK Center, 200 S Denver. Doors open at 6 p.m. Information: (866) 726-5287 or www.bokcenter.com.
4. Catch R&B/soul singer Aisha Eustache, an Oklahoma City native, play a hometown show at 8 p.m. Saturday at Urban Roots, 322 NE Second. Information: www.urbanrootsokc.com.
5. TULSA – Catch Broken Arrow roots rocker JD McPherson and Texas country star Hayes Carll in concert at 8:30 p.m. Friday at Cain’s Ballroom, 423 N Main. Doors open at 7 p.m. Information: www.cainsballroom.com.