Bar fights not limited to Oklahoma City's Bricktown
More assaults were reported at restaurants along Oklahoma City's West Memorial Road than in Bricktown, but none reached the level of violence as beatings outside of Rok Bar, police reports show.
NewsOK Related Articles
Many of the 27 assaults occurred at restaurants in the area that don't serve alcohol.
Since Peery was beaten, Cadmino Lopez, 32, of Newcastle, pleaded guilty to assault and battery by means likely to cause death and was sentenced in January to 15 years in prison
Lopez turned down a deal and then tried to withdraw his plea.
Jimmy Dan Smith, 29, of Tuttle, pleaded guilty to assault and battery charges last month, and was sentenced to 10 years in prison and 10 years on probation as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors.
Joshua B. Rinken, 29, of Norman, is awaiting trial.
The records are a partial snapshot of assaults that occurred in the two areas, police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said. Some people may report assaults later from home.
Because of the way records are kept, those reports were not included in the department's response to The Oklahoman's request for assault calls and
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in