Barcelona's Villa fit to play after 3-game absence
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Barcelona says striker David Villa has recovered from a leg injury and is fit to play.
Villa missed the last three games after hurting a muscle in his right leg during his two-goal effort against Cordoba on Jan. 10.
Barcelona visits Malaga on Thursday in the second leg of their Copa del Rey quarterfinal. They drew 2-2 at Camp Nou in the first leg.
Villa has scored 10 goals this season despite limited playing time since returning from a long layoff while healing a broken leg.
Barcelona leads the Spanish league by eight points just past the season's midway point.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters