Barons: Dylan Yeo scores twice in win; Oklahoma City back atop entire AHL
Barons sweep Rochester Americans. Three-games-in-three-nights road trip ends Saturday in Cleveland.
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — The Oklahoma City Barons are back atop the American Hockey League with the most standings points after defeating the Rochester Americans 4-2 on Friday night before 6,281 fans at Blue Cross Arena. The Barons have won three consecutive games — including two straight in Rochester — and have 57 standings points for the season.
The Hershey Bears (Pa.) are second with 55 points; the Bears lost to Binghamton (N.Y.) 4-3 on Friday night.
Oklahoma City (26-11-2-3) swept a two-game series at Rochester, making amends for the Americans' two victories last month at the Cox Center. On Friday night, defenseman Dylan Yeo scored two goals, 1:41 apart in the first period, to give the Barons a lead they would never relinquish. Although Rochester (17-15-5-3) would draw within 2-1 and 3-2, the Barons clinched the victory with 1:17 left in the game on Hunter Tremblay's eighth goal of the season.
Tremblay had a goal and assist Thursday during Oklahoma City's 5-2 victory.
Curtis Hamilton added his fourth goal of the season halfway through the third period to give the Barons a 3-1 lead.
Oklahoma City goaltender Yann Danis picked up his second win in as many nights and 17th of the season. Danis blanked the Amerks for just over 40 minutes Friday before Jacob Lagace put his team on the scoreboard.
The Barons end the three-games-in-three-nights road trip with a 6:30 p.m. game Saturday vs. Lake Erie in Cleveland, Ohio. Oklahoma City returns to the Cox Center at 7 p.m. next Friday against the Houston Aeros.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims