Barons: Five questions with defenseman Colten Teubert
My favorite band is Sister Hazel. They're like a country rock folk band. I actually got a chance to meet them this summer. It was pretty incredible. I got to go backstage. I was in Boston and saw their show live. I just kind of weaseled my way into the VIP. I was like a little kid. I realize how fans are when they meet us sometimes. I was nervous. I was star struck. I've loved them ever since I was young. My dad used to listen to them, so I'm just a huge fan. That was actually the first time I didn't know what to say. I don't even remember what I said. I kind of blacked out because I was so nervous. Afterward, I was like, ‘Man, I hope they don't think I'm a loser.'
How would describe yourself off the ice?
I think I'm a good team guy. Everybody likes me. I like to have lots of fun. It's easier when you're winning. You can always have a smile on your face. I think the guys know I'm kind of a jokester. I kind of keep the older guys a little bit younger at times. But sometimes the older guys might think I'm just annoying.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday