Barons: Five questions with defenseman Colten Teubert
Oklahoma City Barons defenseman Colten Teubert on Wednesday was called up to the Edmonton Oilers. The first-round draft choice by the Los Angeles Kings (13th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft had played in all nine Barons games this season, recording four points (2-2-4) and 18 penalty minutes. Just before being recalled by the Oilers, Teubert took a break for a few questions and answers with The Oklahoman.
Q: How was your Halloween?
A: (Laughs). We all went to the bowling alley and had a few pops. Everybody dressed up, and it was a pretty good time and a good team event. I was supposed to be Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber. But my costume never arrived so I had to, at the last minute, be Mr. Fantastic from the Fantastic Four. Me and my roommate were going to be Harry and Lloyd, but the blue and the orange tuxes never came. It was kind of disappointing but we still had fun.
What do you try do to take your mind away from the game and relax?
We definitely play a lot of video games, that's for sure. Me and my roommate, I have a Playstation 3 and he has an X-box. We play Call of Duty or NHL. I recently got a puppy, too, so I'm taking care of her. That keeps me busy, too.
What's your dream date?
I don't know. I'd say a country star. I like country stars. I'm on the prowl. Taylor Swift's pretty cute. But I like the girl from the band Perry. She's a blond chick. She's cute.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law