Barons in middle of stretch of three games in three days
The Barons left immediately after Saturday's game to bus to San Antonio for a Sunday afternoon game. It's one of seven occasions this season the Barons will play three games in three days.
NewsOK Related Articles
“I told the guys it doesn't matter if we win the game or lose the game, take five minutes with it, think about it and then cut it loose because we have to play right away again,” said coach Todd Nelson. “Hopefully they take it to heart.
“Three in three nights, they played them in juniors. We're a bit banged up right now, so you might see pretty much the same lineup as tonight.”
Defenseman Martin Marincin, who left with an undisclosed injury in Friday's game, didn't play Saturday but has been cleared to play on Sunday. Forward Taylor Hall also will play on Sunday. The plan is to not play Hall back-to-back nights since Friday was the first time he's played in seven months after undergoing shoulder surgery.
EBERLE'S TWO GOALS CONTINUE STREAK
For the fifth consecutive game, a Barons player scored two goals. Jordan Eberle scored two goals Saturday night after Eberle also scored twice in a win Friday night. Justin Schultz, Mark Arcobello and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had two-goal games the previous four games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims