Barons notebook: Playoff schedule coming along
Barons choose to begin postseason with two road games; final three games of best-of-5 series will be at Cox Center
Barons general manager Bill Scott said there have been some challenges in getting a workable playoff schedule in place.
But save one minor conflict in the later rounds that he expects to be resolved, things have fell into place.
A large slate of high school and college graduations scheduled at the Cox Center in May might make it difficult for the Barons to get in many weekend playoff games.
“The building has been really good at working with us,” Scott said before Oklahoma City trimmed Houston 2-1 on Friday night. “We have enough dates that we'll be all right.”
OPENING ON THE ROAD
After Sunday's regular-season finale on the road at San Antonio, the Barons might have to wait around in Alamo City to determine where they will go to start the American Hockey League playoffs.
A change in the format for the first round this season will have the Barons starting the playoffs on the road.
The first round was trimmed to a best-of-5 series, with the higher-seeded team getting the choice to play the first two games at home or the final three. The Barons, who will be the higher seeded team for winning the Western Division championship, will keep home-ice advantage and play the final three games at the Cox Center.
The Barons announced earlier this week that all upper-level tickets during the playoffs will be sold for $10. Tickets are currently on sale.
1. Yann Danis, Barons: The AHL's outstanding goaltender showed why, turning away 23 of 24 Houston shots to improve 26-13-2-5.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims