Barons Q&A with: rookie defenseman Mike Marcou
The University of Massachusetts alum will play in Oklahoma City for the first time on Tuesday night.
NewsOK Related Articles
What was it like playing at Fenway Park against Vermont in January?
“It was great experiencing playing in an outdoor hockey game, and scoring the game-winner in overtime really sold it for me. I loved it.”
What's the significance of red Skittles and red Powerade for you?
“As far as that goes, I haven't had any since I've been here. I would eat Skittles — only the red ones — before I played. It's not something I have to do, it's just something that's been routine. The Powerade was just something I drank with meals. It wasn't superstitious or anything.”
(Editor's note: UMass' dominant color is red.)
What would you be doing if you weren't playing hockey?
“Right now, I'd be finishing up school and finishing up my degree, which I'm going to do either way. But if I wasn't a hockey player, I'd want to stay involved with sports, so I'd probably be an agent or something like that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in