Barricaded man in far northwest Oklahoma City is dead
Man was holed up inside a vacant house in northwest Oklahoma City, police said.
A man who was possibly armed and holed up inside a vacant house Tuesday night in northwest Oklahoma City is dead, police said.
The area west of Portland Avenue and north of NW 178 was closed to traffic for an hour while officers determined if the man was armed and suicidal. Lt. Taylor Dinh said police would try to make contact. No further details, including apparent cause of death, were released Tuesday night.
The incident began about 7:30 p.m., he said. Roads in the area were reopened about an hour later.
Motorists had been advised to seek a different route around the area.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law