Barricaded man in far northwest Oklahoma City is dead
Man was holed up inside a vacant house in northwest Oklahoma City, police said.
A man who was possibly armed and holed up inside a vacant house Tuesday night in northwest Oklahoma City is dead, police said.
The area west of Portland Avenue and north of NW 178 was closed to traffic for an hour while officers determined if the man was armed and suicidal. Lt. Taylor Dinh said police would try to make contact. No further details, including apparent cause of death, were released Tuesday night.
The incident began about 7:30 p.m., he said. Roads in the area were reopened about an hour later.
Motorists had been advised to seek a different route around the area.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister