Barricaded man in far northwest Oklahoma City is dead
Man was holed up inside a vacant house in northwest Oklahoma City, police said.
A man who was possibly armed and holed up inside a vacant house Tuesday night in northwest Oklahoma City is dead, police said.
The area west of Portland Avenue and north of NW 178 was closed to traffic for an hour while officers determined if the man was armed and suicidal. Lt. Taylor Dinh said police would try to make contact. No further details, including apparent cause of death, were released Tuesday night.
The incident began about 7:30 p.m., he said. Roads in the area were reopened about an hour later.
Motorists had been advised to seek a different route around the area.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 17917Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11872Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10569OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10552Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10275Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9958Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9874Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss