Barry Sanders scores five touchdowns in Heritage Hall's win over Tulsa NOAH
The words '39 toss' or '37 toss' put a smile on Heritage Hall running back Barry J. Sanders' face.
When that call came in from the sideline on the second play Friday against Tulsa NOAH, Sanders did what he's done for most of the season.
Videoview all videos
Oct 5Barry J. Sanders, the Heritage Hall junior running back,...
Oct 2Chickasha's Kody Turner, a junior offensive lineman, died...
Sep 9Bob Przybylo talks with Heritage Hall's Barry Sanders.
Photoview all 41 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
He got around the outside, cut back through the middle of the field and 73 yards later, the Chargers were on their way to a 52-34 victory.
"It was good to set the pace and get the defense a little worried," Sanders said. "It kept going from there."
Two drives later, and the call came in again. This time, Sanders raced down the sideline for a 72-yard score. Before he left the game in the third quarter, Sanders scored three more touchdowns and finished with 313 yards on only 13 carries.
At one point, Sanders scored three touchdowns in four carries.
"They're just simple tosses and let Barry do his stuff," Heritage Hall coach Andy Bogert said. "... Just let him go. You don't coach that, you just let him go."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in